Sudden Cardiac Arrest can happen to anyone, anywhere and at any time.
Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) is a condition in which the heart suddenly and unexpectedly stops beating. In the UK alone, SCA kills over 100,000 people including 270 children in schools every year. If this happens, blood stops flowing to the brain and other vital organs. If the heartbeat is not restored with an electrical shock from a defibrillator immediately, death follows within minutes. Early defibrillation is the key to saving a victim of SCA, with the chances of survival rising up to 74% if defibrillation is achieved within the first 3 minutes compared to a 5% chance of survival if a defibrillator is not present.
Lifeline® AED & Lifeline® AUTO Simply saving lives
Lifeline® is the simplest AED to use, and has been designed by physicians so that ANYONE can save a life. In a study by the University of Illinois involving 5 market leading AEDs, participants were able to deliver a defibrillation shock with the Lifeline® AED quicker and more successfully than with any of the other AEDs tested.
The Lifeline® range comes in two versions: semi-automatic and fully automatic. The semi-auto requires the user to push a button to deliver the shock when required – while the fully automatic will do this on its own at exactly the right time.
Why the Lifeline AED?
• Simple and unintimidating design
• Clear verbal and visual instructions guide you through each step of the rescue process
• Bright oversized buttons help untrained defibrillator users
• Pre-connected electrode pads easily apply to the patient to administer treatment
• Rubberised sides protect the unit from impact damage
• Automatic diagnostic tests so the unit is always ready
• Lightweight – at only 1.9kg the unit can be easily transported to the patient
• 7-year battery with 8 years manufacturing warranty included