Martek Lifecare are committed to protecting your privacy. If you have any questions regarding the processing of your data, please email us at email@example.com.
GDPR relates to The General Data Protection Regulations effective as of 25th of May 2018.
WHO ARE WE?
Our Site, www.martek-lifecare.com is owned and operated by Martek Marine Ltd, registered in England under 03930003 whose registered address is Unit 6A, Adwick Park, Manvers, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S63 5AB and whose main trading address is. Our VAT number is 746 460 716.
Data Protection Officer – Danielle Le Breton
Contact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Martek Lifecare collect details provided by you voluntarily on registration together with information we learn about you from the use of our products or services, and visits to our website, and other websites accessible from them. We also collect information about any transactions that you undertake with us.
We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotion or competitions offered by us, along with information provided when you give feedback. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to improve our service to you.
We use third parties to provide information about visitors to our websites. When you visit our website we will record your IP address. This address will be matched against public and proprietary IP address databases to provide us with information about your visit. This information may identify the organisation to whom the IP address is registered but not individuals. In some limited cases i.e. single person companies, it may be possible to identify personal data from publicly available ICANN data.
We will not be collecting information about browsing habits outside of our own domains plus personal information relating to you and your private life, such as gender or age.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your information to provide a personalised and tailored service when we communicate with you. We may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax for these purposes.
We may disclose Personal Information and use personal data acquired from and provided by yourself to fulfil any of your requests and to send you appropriate and useful communications. You should be aware this includes, but not limited to, the types of communications mentioned in this privacy statement.
A copy of our legitimate interests ‘balancing test’ is available on request as part of our commitment to managing your information rights. Please use the details at the start of the page to request this.
We like to ensure that we continually improve our service to you, and so from time to time, we may ask to hear your views and opinions on our products and service. This may be by post, email, telephone or fax.
There may be instances where it is necessary to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our products or service.
This data is held in a state of the art highly protected data storage environment within the UK and will be used to:
- Improve the content and relevance of what we send to you,
- Help improve the content we display on our website,
- Answer any questions you may have submitted and retain this information to ensure a fast and effective service in the future,
- Provide you with the fastest access to the latest content relevant to you,
- Ensure we remain compliant under the terms of the GDPR.
We use the Communigator platform to send email, both the Communigator data centre and its support professionals are located within the EU.
By submitting your information into one of the martek-lifecare.com data capture points you are confirming the following:
- You are doing so in your capacity as a representative of the company.
- You are over 18 years of age.
- You are accepting the relevance of the Martek Lifecare product and services to the business interests of the company.
- You are providing contact information that will facilitate the communication between Martek Lifecare and the company only.
Should you wish to stop receiving emails from Martek Lifecare, …
- You may use the unsubscribe link, which will be present within the footer of every email we send to you. Your subscription preferences will be immediately updated.
- You may write to the Martek Lifecare Data Controller, specifically requesting your removal (addressed to Marketing Manager, Martek Lifecare, Adwick Park, Rotherham, S63 5AB), your request will be actioned upon within 28 days of its receipt. You must include your name and email address for us to ensure its removal.
Please note we cannot accept unsubscribe requests through any other channel.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be passed on to associated agencies who are directly involved with the products and services we provide. We will never pass your details to anyone else.
Due to the open nature of the internet transmitting data to Martek Lifecare must only be done via approved data transmission channels. We will endeavour to ensure your data is transmitted to us using the known best practice approaches. It’s important to note, any data you send to us is sent at your own risk.
Once your data is received, it will be stored within the Martek Lifecare secure data environment, where we have robust processes and procedures to keep it safe.
Martek Lifecare is working hard to ensure it sets an exemplarily standard in data management and usage. Specifically, under the proposed the GDPR you have the right to request the following:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (or be forgotten)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling
For more information on GDPR and your rights please see
If you have questions concerning the processing of your personal data you should contact the Data Protection Officer: Talisa Vallance, Martek Lifecare, Adwick Park, Rotherham, S63 5AB.
In the event that you have not received a response within 30 days, you have the right to contact The ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, Email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on to your computer by websites that you visit. They are used to make websites work, to improve efficiency of websites, to improve the user’s experience and to provide usage information on websites. This information should make your website visits more productive by storing and using information on your website preferences and habits.
Your web browser can choose whether or not to accept cookies. Most web browser software is initially set up to accept them.
We may offer cookies to you and you should ensure that your web browser is set up to not accept cookies if you do not wish to receive them. Please note that if you disable cookies, some services or website functionality may not be available. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to aboutcookies.org. We use the following cookies:
- Essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, and to use online forms.
- Analytical cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Marketing cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences. These cookies also record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website, the advertising displayed on it and communications sent more relevant to your interests.
By continuing to use this site, you are accepting our use of these cookies that make advertising and communications more relevant to you and your interests, and further help us to improve the site.
Whilst Martek Lifecare has taken care to ensure the accuracy of this site and its content, Martek Lifecare accepts no liability for any damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind incurred as a result of reliance on the information or opinions within this site.
Hypertext links within this site lead to other websites, some of which are not under the control of Martek Lifecare. All links are provided with no warranty for the information provided within them and Martek Lifecare accepts no liability for any damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind caused by the contents of those websites.
This website is governed by the law of the United Kingdom and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. Copyright and Trademark Copyright: © Martek Lifecare 2007
The copyright in this website is owned by or licensed to Martek Lifecare. Unless stated to the contrary, the material in this website is copyright to Martek Lifecare. Reproduction is limited to downloading to a local hard disk for your personal use. The content of this website may not be copied or otherwise incorporated into or stored in any other website, electronic retrieval system or in any other publicly available form without the prior written consent of Martek Lifecare. The website is protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act.